*The class is ON HOLD until MAY. Check back soon for more details on a revised schedule*
Budget Guns and Gear Reviews has partnered with Sphon’s CCW to bring you our Basic Survival Workshop. This is a one day course, 6-8 hours long that will teach you how to assemble an emergency kit and use it to:
- Make fire
- Purify water
- Build shelter
- Secure food
Included in this workshop are a Fire lecture and exercise, Water collection lecture and exercise, Shelter lecture and exercise, food lecture and exercise (to include fishing, traps, and improvised hunting weapons).
Please dress appropriately for the forecasted weather- we will be out in the woods rain or shine. Bring any prescription medications you need, along with any snacks and drinks you may need. Just remember that you will be carrying everything with you. It is also a good idea to bring some note taking materials…
- Backpack– You will need something to carry the kit in
- Metal container, such as a canteen cup
- Single-walled stainless steel water bottle. DO NOT bring a double-walled vacuum insulated bottle! They tend to explode in a fire…
- Carbon steel fixed blade knife. It doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive. A Morakniv Companion Carbon is just fine.
- 50 feet of paracord
- At least 200 feet of nylon twine. #36 tarred bank line is best, but any strong cordage will do.
- Small spool of 8-to-10-pound test fishing line and 3 small to medium hooks.
- Headlamp of your choice.
- Small bag of cotton balls.
- One or two 55 gallon drum liners, at least 3 mil thickness.
- One full roll of duct tape. I like T-Rex tape, but any strong duct tape will do.
- 3 Bic lighters.
- One 5 by 7 emergency blanket. Get the kind that is silver on one side and colored on the other, not the flimsy thin mylar only blankets.
- One folding saw.
- One Altoids or similar tin
- One ferro rod or magnesium bar.
- Several two-quart sized Ziploc baggies
- three pieces of 100% cotton material, bandanna-sized.
After registration we will email the address to the private facility where we are holding the class. Class starts at 8 am and ends when we have accomplished all the objectives.
We look forward to seeing you there!